Alumni & Friends
Real Life. Real Support. Real Recovery.
The Alumni & Friends group is a service-oriented component of PRIDE Institute designed to foster a strong, healthy LGBT recovering community through friendships, community service, and sober events.
Alumni activities range from weekly support groups, social events, recovery-oriented service opportunities, recovery speaker’s bureau, shared hobbies, LGBT/HIV service work, and more.
Are you interested in receiving our newsletter, volunteering, or staying connected?
Here are a few helpful relapse prevention tips:
- Develop a Sober Support Network and use it!
- Find a sponsor with at least two years of continuous sobriety and meet with him/her regularly.
- Go to a 12 step meeting.
- Call a sober friend.
- Avoid high-risk situations and high-risk people.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
- Exercise regularly work out with a friend or personal trainer to make it more fun and avoid over-exercising.
- Go to bed at the same time every night and get up at the same time every morning allow for 6 to 8 hours of sleep nightly.
- Learn a fun hobby and/or join a book group.
GLBT In Recovery
A Minneapolis-based group of GLBT people in Recovery.
PRIDE Sober Support Group Meetings:
Any LGBT person who is a graduate of PRIDE Institute or any other treatment program is welcome to attend the weekly PRIDE Sober Support Group. The meetings are offered at no cost and participation is not time-limited.
Central Region Alumni
2101 Hennepin Ave S, Suite 202, Minneapolis
10 a.m. – 11 a.m. every Wednesday
Contact: Nicky Simon-Burton at 952-934-7554 with questions
East Coast Alumni
Contact: Nicky Simon-Burton at 952-934-7554
West Coast alumni:
Contact: Jonathan Wynne at 916-822-0451
Ft. Lauderdale Hospital
1601 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale
5-6 p.m. every Wednesday
Nothing listed in your area? Consider starting a group. Contact 800-547-7433 and ask for the alumni coordinator.