The LGBTQ+ community faces unique challenges regarding addiction and mental health, and it is important to seek treatment at a facility that understands these challenges. It is crucial to make sure your treatment aligns with your wants, needs, and who you are as an individual so that you are able to get the most out of your treatment and recovery experience.
Pride Institute offers acceptance, understanding, and inclusivity to all who come through our doors. Our LGBTQ+ partial hospitalization program (PHP) is designed to provide you with the structure of treatment in a day program that fits into your life, allowing you to meet your responsibilities and obligations while still getting the help you need. Reach out to us today for more information about your treatment options and our LGBTQ+ addiction recovery programs by calling 888.408.1625 or filling out our online form.
What Is a Partial Hospitalization Program?
Pride Institute’s partial hospitalization program or PHP, also known as “comprehensive day treatment,” is perfect for clients who need some structure to maintain recovery but not 24-hour care. The program meets a minimum of six hours a day, seven days a week, to address recovery needs in our residential treatment facility. We help you to overcome obstacles in recovery, gain new, healthy coping skills and achieve your individual treatment goals.
PHP allows clients to reside at the Springhill house, an off-campus living environment while attending intensive programming during the day. The program meets a minimum of six hours a day, seven days a week, to address recovery needs in our residential treatment facility, beautifully located on five acres of wooded land in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. The long treatment days of a PHP allow for more successful symptom interruption, more frequent intensive group therapy, and greater involvement with the client’s loved ones.
Partial hospitalization provides an appropriate degree of care and comfort with the ability to test out new behaviors in the community setting. By alternating time spent with loved ones and time in treatment, our clients receive a greater degree of autonomy and normalcy. We also work with community professionals, including physicians, therapists, halfway houses, and sober living options, to ensure appropriate aftercare.
Benefits of a PHP
Those who qualify for a partial hospitalization program find it beneficial to their recovery journey for many reasons. Some benefits of enrolling in a PHP for addiction and co-occurring disorder treatment include:
- It’s an affordable option – You get professional treatment without the price tag of a residential or overnight stay or the expense of other options.
- Daily support – You will meet with a dedicates staff of medical, addiction, and behavioral health specialists on a daily basis to discuss how your treatment is going, any adjustments you feel you need to make, or your expectations and hopes moving forward. LGBTQ+ issues are also addressed at Pride Institute.
- Customized treatment – You will work with our staff to completely customize your treatment to your individual wants, needs, and identity. Your treatment plan should validate you.
- Access to therapy – In treatment, you will have access to individual and group therapy.
- Ease, comfort, and independence – A PHP is a great option for those seeking help but also wanting an easier transition back into daily life and/or maintaining a certain level of independence.
Pride Institute offers a wide range of treatment options primarily focusing on the LGBTQ+ community and the often nuanced challenges it faces. Please reach out to us to learn how our LGBTQ+ treatment programs could help.
LGBTQ+ Lodging for PHP
To support this program for our out-of-state clients, our PHP house is located within three miles of the residential treatment center at Spring Hill Circle. Housing up to six clients and located in a quiet residential neighborhood, it has a large backyard with a deck, an updated kitchen, and many more amenities. All meals are served at Pride’s residential treatment center.