The LGBTQ+ community faces unique challenges regarding addiction and mental health treatment. It is vital to make sure your treatment aligns with your unique needs so that you are able to get the most out of the experience and achieve genuine, lasting recovery.
The LGBTQ+ residential addiction treatment programs at Pride Institute are designed to help and support those that require long-term, round-the-clock care to heal. Please reach out to us today for more information about the addiction treatment options for LGBTQ by calling 888.408.1625 or filling out our online form.
What Is an LGBTQ+ Residential Treatment Program?
A residential treatment program is a live-in rehab and care facility providing 24/7 support to individuals who need help with any of the following concerns:
- Addiction treatment
- Mental health treatment
- Co-occurring disorder treatment
- Behavioral treatment
The LGBTQ+-focused residential treatment program at Pride Institute was designed specifically to address the often unique and nuanced challenges that the LGBTQ+ community faces when it comes to addiction, mental health, and treatment.
Benefits of LGBTQ+ Residential Treatment Programs
LGBTQ+-focused residential treatment programs are beneficial for many reasons and have helped many individuals achieve lasting recovery and maintain long-term sobriety. Some of the most significant benefits of residential treatment include the following:
- Programs length can be short- or long-term – Depending on an individual’s needs and the severity of their condition, the length of a residential treatment program can be customized. If someone needs more time and help, they can get it.
- Services in treatment are also customizable – The staff at Pride can build an addiction treatment plan that is suited to your unique wants and needs. This includes therapy programs and daily activities or enrichment.
- 24/7 structure, routine, and support – When there are no distractions from healing and no ways to relapse on-site, you can dedicate your time to what matters most: getting well. Professional care and support are available around the clock when you need it.
- The focus is on your recovery – Without the pressures or obligations of daily life, you have the time and energy to really get in touch with yourself and learn what you need to heal.
You become part of the community – You will meet people who understand what you’re going through because they have faced similar challenges and have an LGBTQ+ recovery community to rely on when you need peer support both during and after treatment.
If the above sounds like a level of care that would benefit you or someone close to you, don’t hesitate to reach out.
How Can a Residential Treatment Program Help?
Our residential treatment program at Pride Institute provides guidance in developing coping skills, life balance, and other tools needed for long-term recovery. It is a supportive option for patients who haven’t found success in traditional inpatient recovery programs and need more intensive supervision and counseling as they work to achieve sobriety. Throughout treatment, patients will be immersed in a community that understands their perspective as an LGBTQ+ person and how that has impacted their journey.
The residential treatment program at Pride offers 24-hour nursing care, case management assistance, and cognitive-behavioral therapy with 12-step facilitation to help patients achieve their goals. Length of stay averages 25 days, but programming can accommodate clients for 60 or 90 days. We also offer step-down options once the program is complete, such as our partial hospitalization program and our intensive outpatient program.
Clients in our care work with a primary counselor to develop a treatment plan that is tailored to suit the needs of each individual in our care. Each patient can receive individual, couple, family, and group therapies as appropriate, covering a number of topics that will help improve physical, mental, and sexual health.
Therapy Topics and Groups Include:
- Physical/sexual health education
- LGBTQ+ issues
- HIV and chronic illness
- Grief and loss
- Cognitive skills education
- Anger management
- Coping skills
- Physical health and exercise
- Expressive arts therapies
- Nicotine recovery education
- Relapse prevention
- Women’s group
- Body image group
- Transgender support group
On-Site Mental Health and Wellness Services Include:
- Mental health assessment
- Family therapy and interventions
- Developing living skills
- Having and maintaining healthy relationships
- Therapy dog meditation
- Financial skills development
- Sexual health education
- HIV testing
Once you’ve decided it is time to get help, you will likely benefit from a treatment center that is sensitive to your needs as a member of the LGBTQ+ community. Pride Institute is just such a center.
Learn More About the LGBTQ+ Residential Treatment Programs at Pride Institute
Contact us at 888.408.1625 or fill out Pride Institute’s online form if you have any questions or concerns or would like more information about our services. Speak to one of our helpful staff members today about how our LGBTQ+ residential treatment program could help you free yourself from the cycle of addiction and mental health issues.