Sexual Health Program
The sexual health program is rooted in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, which is the best evidence-based practice for treating problematic sexual behaviors and substance use. This program aims to normalize, educate, and bring attention to the interconnectedness of substance use and problematic sexual behaviors. Clients with problematic sexual behaviors will begin the process of “untangling” this connection by:
- Learning about engaging in sexual activity and being sexual without the use of drugs and alcohol
- Identifying healthy sexual behaviors to incorporate into their life
- Relieving the stigma and shame associated with past sexual experiences, sexual orientation, and trauma
- Developing a timeline of sexual behaviors and substance use
- Developing strategies to prevent triggers
- Creating safety plans to prevent recurrence of symptoms
- Setting personal boundary plans that support recovery
- Obtaining resources for continued care after treatment.
Clients will share their experience in a private group setting that is safe and affirming. This will help normalize their experiences and issues, while gaining insight from others with similar behavior patterns. This group will focus on how substance use and sexual activity became linked and how the client can start the process of creating a healthy sober sexual life that aligns with their values, goals, and recovery.
Eligibility and placement in group will be based off a clinical assessment that will be done upon admission to our residential treatment center.
Help Is Never Far Away
Your recovery can start today. The admissions staff at Pride Institute is here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us at 800-547-7433 for a no-cost assessment. For questions about our programs, call us or use our online contact form. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.