Staying Encouraged & Connected
Whether you came to us for treatment through our residential, partial or outpatient treatment program, or have attended one of our public meetings, you are a member of the Pride Institute alumni family.
Making meaningful connections with others in recovery from addiction is one of the most important and beneficial choices one can make to support their own recovery. We have a variety of activities you can participate in to help you stay connected with other people in recovery. These include:
- Alumni events and reunions
- Alumni speaker series
- Event planning committees
- Recovery speaker series
- Recovery podcasts
Make sure you don’t miss out on the latest events. Follow us on Facebook or use the form below to sign up for our monthly newsletter (or to make sure we have your up-to-date email address). If you have any questions or need to connect with our Alumni Association team, you can contact Kaylee Hoaby at [email protected].
ALUMNI SPEAKER SERIES
We always appreciate when Pride Institute alumni come back to share and connect with current clients and other alumni. Hearing about someone else’s journey to recovery can spark new clarity and inspiration for others struggling with their own addictions. If you’re interested in helping others in recovery by sharing your story, we’d love to hear from you. We invite you to come to speak at Pride Institute, but there are guidelines that must be followed by all speakers.
Alumni speakers must:
- Have a minimum of three months post-program and one year of sobriety
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled speaking time
- Refrain from the use of foul language and profanity
- Dress neatly
- Silence phones; no recordings or photos are allowed under any circumstances
- Smoke only in the designated areas (e-cigarettes must stay in your car or at home)
- Refrain from the outside promotion of businesses, websites, blogs or schools
- Refrain from the use of statistics
- Refrain from sharing graphic details of your addictions (may act as a trigger for listeners)
- Respect patient/client anonymity
If you’re interested in joining our speaker series, please contact Kaylee Hoaby at 651-666-9028 or [email protected] to sign up or receive more information. If you’re already scheduled to speak but cannot attend, please reach to Kaylee Hoaby as soon as possible.
Help Is Never Far Away
Your recovery can start today. The admissions staff at Pride Institute is here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us at 888-616-5031 for a no-cost assessment. For questions about our programs, call us or use our online contact form. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.